Monday, March 23, 2015

Sowing and Reaping

Scripture
Proverbs 11:24-25
Give freely and become more wealthy; be stingy and lose everything. 25 The generous will prosper; those who refresh others will themselves be refreshed.  NLT
There is one who scatters, yet increases; and there is one who withholds more than is right, but it leads to poverty. The generous soul will be made rich, and he who waters will be watered also himself. MEV
Observation
God's economy is not the world's economy. The world says earn more and save more is the path to wealth.  The world is materialistic and believes the more stuff you have is what makes a person wealthy.  God's economy is different.
1. He who scatters or gives freely will increase.
Have a need sow a seed as been abused but there is truth in it. I will reap what I sow and I will reap to the extent I sow.
2. If I withhold more than is right or if there is a need I have the ability to meet but choose not to, I will lose everything.
This is a heart issue not a financial one.  God does not expect me to give what I do not have, that is impossible.  He does expect me to do what I can.
3. The same principle is true in relationships.
4. The one who refreshes others will be refreshed.
Sowing and reaping is true in every part of my life.  If  I sow love, will reap love.  If I sow kindness I will reap kindness.  Want a friend be a friend.
Application
1. Sow and give in faith.  
Reaping is not always immediate.  There is a gap in time between when I give and when I will receive. I have to be patient.
2. Be on watch
Sometimes I sow in one area and will reap in another.  Don't have blinders on but look for the opportunities that God makes available.  
3. Give without expecting anything in return.
The principle of sowing and reaping is not to manipulate God or force his hand.  I give out of love and obedience. I leave the reaping in God's hands.
4. Desire what is in God's handmore than what is in my hand.
I believe God has my best interest at heart.   He is my provider and will take good care of me.
Prayer
I trust you and believe you will provide for me and take care of me and my family.  Produce in me a generous heart.  I want to be a giver and not a hoarder.  I never want to be stingy or a scrooge but I want to have the nature of my father.  God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten.  May I be like you.

No comments: