Thursday, March 19, 2015

God will act on your behalf

Scripture
Psalm 62: 1, 5
1 I wait quietly before God, for my victory comes from him.
5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in him.
Observation
1. Wait quietly before God.
Don't be in a rush, don't defend yourself or declare your rights.  Be quiet.  Wait for God to act.  Expect God to act.
2. My victory and hope comes from Him.
I cannot do this.  I cannot hope in myself, other people, or an organization.  They all fail, myself most of all, but God never fails.  He is true and trustworthy.  He is a victorious, glorious God.
Application
1. Expect God to act
I will wait quietly on him if I really believe he will act.  Acting on my part is unbelief, I take matters into my own hands because I do not believe God is going to do anything about the matter.  So I defend myself, try to manipulate circumstances, or proclaim my rights and contributions.
2. Wait on him
Don't get in a hurry because God's timing is not my timing.  He will act at just the right time.  
Prayer
I do trust you, please do not allow me to act in unbelief and get in a hurry or do something foolishly.  May I wait on you, sit in your presence quietly, believing in your deliverance.

No comments: