Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Love it, Learn it, Live it


Scripture
Deuteronomy 17: 18-20
“When he sits on the throne as king, he must copy for himself this body of instruction on a scroll in the presence of the Levitical priests. 19 He must always keep that copy with him and read it daily as long as he lives. That way he will learn to fear the LORD his God by obeying all the terms of these instructions and decrees. 20 This regular reading will prevent him from becoming proud and acting as if he is above his fellow citizens. It will also prevent him from turning away from these commands in the smallest way. And it will ensure that he and his descendants will reign for many generations in Israel.”
Observation
This passage emphasizes the importance of the Word of God. One of the requiremente for the king of Israel was to write a copy of the law for himself.  He was to write it not have someone else do it.  Then he was to read it daily and do it, there was knowledge and obedience.  The result of reading and obeying God's word was the fear of the Lord.  I believe that when we live God's word we will see that it works and that will develop an awe in us.  We will be like the disciples who said even the wind and the waves obey his command.  They were in awe of Jesus.  When I learn and live God's word, it will develop in me a sense of awe, fear, and wonder.
Application
1. Love it.
I will never read it until I love it.  God build into me a love for the Bible, the Word of God.
2. Learn it
Read, study, and mediate on God's Word.  Make it a major part of my everyday life.
3. Live it.
Application is as important as knowledge.  I have to be more than a hearer but also a doer.  
Prayer
Father, develop in me a love and respect for the Bible.  May I be a lifelong learner of your word and may I put into practice.  May I live out your word everyday.


No comments: