Saturday, March 28, 2015

Faith in the midst of suffering

Scripture
Psalm 69: 29-30
I am suffering and in pain. Rescue me, O God, by your saving power. 30 Then I will praise God’s name with singing, and I will honor him with thanksgiving.
Observation
1. I am to have faith in the midst of suffering.
David was suffering and in pain but he believed that God would rescue and save him.
2. True faith is not that you will never experience pain but that you continue to believe God in the midst of your suffering .
It does not take much faith to trust God in the good times.  Faith is proven in the middle of a need.  Having a need positions me to receive a miracle.  I believe God in the midst of my pain and suffering.
4. Faith does not work like a mathematical equation or like a microwave.
My faith does not manipulate God into action. It is not always instant and God does not always work in ways I understand.  But He does work on my behalf.  He keeps His promises. He is faithful.
Application
1. I can always trust God.
In the midst of pain and suffering, I can trust him.
2. Keep my eyes on the author and finisher of my faith.
I can choose what I focus on: my pain or my God.  David throughout the Psalms declared his faith in a God in the midst of his trials. I can do the same.
3. Don't listen to the naysayers.
There will be people who give bad advice and try to undermine my faith.  Don't list to them, fill my mind with God 's word.
Prayer
Father, I am thankful that you are my refuge and strongtower.  I can come to you when I hurt and am afraid.  You are always there for me.  I come to you today, asking for your intervention in my life.  I trust you. I love you.  Thank you.

No comments: