Friday, March 6, 2015

Be a blessing in word and deed

Scripture
Numbers 6:24-26
Then the LORD said to Moses, 23 “Tell Aaron and his sons to bless the people of Israel with this special blessing: 24 ‘May the LORD bless you and protect you. 25 May the LORD smile on you and be gracious to you. 26 May the LORD show you his favor and give you his peace.’

The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face to shine upon you, and be gracious unto you; the Lord lift His countenance upon you, and give you peace. 
Observation
How to bless people
1. The lord bless and keep you
2. Make his face shine upon you
3. Be gracious to you
4. Turn his face towards you
5. Give you peace
application
1. Verbally bless God's children
2. Parents verbally bless their children
3. Be a blessing in word and deed
Prayer
Thank you for the days I had to bless my kids before bedtime, those days were sweet. May I continue to bless them verbally, may I be a blessing to your children in both word and deed,  maya I be an encourager, someone who speaks life into people but with truth.  May I be more interested in people's well being than their comfort.

No comments: