Friday, March 20, 2015

Being full of and led by the Holy Spirit

Scripture
Luke 4:1
Then Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan River. He was led by the Spirit in the wilderness
observation
This passage emphasis the ministry of the Holy Spirit in the life of Jesus.  Jesus was:
1. Full of the Holy Spirit
Jesus in his humanity needed the anointing of the Holy Spirit.  If it is possible to be full of the Holy Spirit then it is possible not to be full.  
2. Led by the Spirit
Jesus did not go to the wilderness on his own but was led, guided by the Spirit.  Again, if it is possible to be led by the Spirit then it is possible not to be.
Jesus was full of and led by the Spirit.
Application
1. Pray in the spirit more
2. Study the Bible
3. Seek God's will before making decisions
4. Lean not on my own understanding
5. Trust and believe in him
Prayer
I ask for a fresh filling of your spirit today.  I ask that you will lead and guide me.  I ask that you give me the faith and courage to obey.

No comments: