Saturday, March 14, 2015

Power of the Cross

Scripture
Numbers 21:6-9
So the LORD sent poisonous snakes among the people, and many were bitten and died. 7 Then the people came to Moses and cried out, “We have sinned by speaking against the LORD and against you. Pray that the LORD will take away the snakes.” So Moses prayed for the people. 8 Then the LORD told him, “Make a replica of a poisonous snake and attach it to a pole. All who are bitten will live if they simply look at it!” 9 So Moses made a snake out of bronze and attached it to a pole. Then anyone who was bitten by a snake could look at the bronze snake and be healed!
Observation
1. God is righteous and just.  He will discipline rebellion.
2. Moses prayed for the people.
His response to their sin and God's judgment was intercession. I cannot underestimate the power of intercession.
3. God provided healing.
This is a wonderful picture of the cross. Jesus was lifted up on a pole and all men who look to him are healed.
Application
1. Do not take my sins lightly.  God will discipline those he loves.
2. Intercede for family, friends, and nations.
3. Take my sins to Jesus, look to him for forgiveness, cleansing, transformation, and healing.
Prayer
Father, I have failed you so many times, my sins are wickedness before you and I deserve judgment.  I ask for mercy and grace. I look to you for forgiveness, cleansing, and healing.

No comments: