Sunday, March 15, 2015

He is faithful and true

Scripture
Numbers 23:19
19 God is not a man, so he does not lie. He is not human, so he does not change his mind. Has he ever spoken and failed to act? Has he ever promised and not carried it through?
Observation
This verse is about the character and sovereignity of God.
1. God is not a man.
I canot project human weakness upon him.  
2. God does not lie.
3. He does not change his mind.
4. He always keeps his word.
5. He always fulfills his promises.
Application
This verse is in the context of a very confusing passage of scripture.  I am glad it is this way becauses sometimes life is confusing.  If I judge God's character by my circumstances or feelings, I will get it wrong.  I have to learn about God' character from his word.  His word says he does not lie or change his mind.  He always does what he says he will do, he keeps every promise.  This is my God!  He is faithful and true.
Prayer
Thank you for revealing to me who you are.  I can trust you. I can believe and act on your promises. I can count on you.  You are faithful, honest, and true.

No comments: