Monday, May 25, 2015

How to obey God's Word

Scripture
Psalm 119: 34-40
Give me understanding and I will obey your instructions; I will put them into practice with all my heart. Make me walk along the path of your commands, for that is where my happiness is found. Give me an eagerness for your laws rather than a love for money! Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through your word. Reassure me of your promise, made to those who fear you. Help me abandon my shameful ways; for your regulations are good. I long to obey your commandments! Renew my life with your goodness. (NLT)
Observation
I love the request made by David.
1. Give me understanding of your word so I can obey your instructions
2. Make me walk along the path of your commands.
3. Give me an eagerness for your laws
4. Reassure me of your promise
5. Help me abandon my shameful ways
6. I long to obey your commandments.
Application
The truth is unless God gives me the ability to obey his word, I cannot do it.  Will power, self control, trying harder, making more promises will no work.  Self effort always fails.  I need to be spirit- filled, led, and empowered.  God gives me the ability to obey his commands.  He wants me to be obedient more than I want to.  The key to obedience is Him, my relationship with the Father.
Prayer
1. Help me to understand your word so I can obey your instructions.
2. Make me walk along the path of your commandments
3. Give me an eagerness for your laws
4. Reassure me of your promises
5. Help me to abandon my shameful ways
6. I long to obey your commands
Do it in me, please!!!!!!!!

No comments: