Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Jesus will satisfy your thirst

Scripture
John 7:37-39
On the last day, the climax of the festival, Jesus stood and shouted to the crowds, “Anyone who is thirsty may come to me! Anyone who believes in me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’” (When he said “living water,” he was speaking of the Spirit, who would be given to everyone believing in him. But the Spirit had not yet been given, because Jesus had not yet entered into his glory.) (NLT)
Observation
1. Jesus will quinch my thirst.  
Anyone who is thirsty can come to Jesus.
2. Jesus' satisfies my thirst by giving me the Holy Spirit.
The living water Jesus speaks of is the gift of the Holy Spirit who resides in me.
3. The Holy Spirit is a river of living water.
I do not have to go through dry or barren seasons.  There is a river flowing in my heart.  The Holy Spirit keeps my relationship with Jesus fresh, pure, and in season.
4. I drink of this water daily and continually.
Application
1. Abide daily and continually.
I spend a block of time with Jesus everyday but I also stay connected to Jesus throughout the day.
2. Don't look to conferences, places, or certain ministers to fill me. Look to the Holy Spirit that resides in me.
I don't run to and fro looking for a touch of God.  I go to Jesus and drink from the river.
3. Look to Jesus to satisfy my thirst.
This world, Wealth, position, fame, or anything else can satisfy me. Only Jesus can satisfy my soul.
Prayer
I come to you today to drink from your river.  Give me living water, satisfy my thirst.  I ask to live the Abundant life you provided for me.

No comments: