Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Jesus is fighting for you


Scripture
Psalm 118: 14-16
The LORD is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. Songs of joy and victory are sung in the camp of the godly. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things! The strong right arm of the LORD is raised in triumph. The strong right arm of the LORD has done glorious things! (NLT)
Observation
1. God is my strength.
He gives me the power to live for him, to be pure, to fulfill his will.
2. God is my song.
He is my joy, my reason for living, my love, passion.  He gives me life.
3.  He is my victory
Because of Him I can defeat the devil, overcome sin, bring him glory.
4. His strong right arm is on my side.
This is a visual of a powerful, victorious, strong soldier, warrior.  Jesus is fighting for me, interceding for me.
Application
1. I rest in and trust in his providence.
He is in complete control, guiding me, leading me, caring for me, providing for me.
2. I can live victoriously.
He gives me the victory.  Jesus is fighting for me.  He is my advocate.  He is my defender.  Whom shall I fear?  If God is for me, who can be against me?
3. I find joy in my relationship with Jesus.
This world cannot satisfy.  Fame, wealth, power all fall short and leave me empty but Jesus fills me with life, passion, and joy.  He makes life worth living.
4. Life is lived by faith, trusting and depending upon Jesus.
Prayer
I do trust you, need you, and depend upon you.  You are my life, my joy, my only thing, my everything, my all in all.  You give me victory, provide for me, are my joy. I depend upon you, worship you.  Give you all the glory, honor, and praise.

No comments: