Friday, May 15, 2015

Freedom!!!!!!!

Scripture
John 8: 31-32, 34-36
Jesus said to the people who believed in him, “You are truly my disciples if you remain faithful to my teachings. And you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.”

Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. (NLT)
Observation
1. Disciples remain faithful to Jesus teaching.
2. Know the truth
3. The truth (Jesus) will set me free.
4. Everyone who sins is a slave to sin,
5. I am not a slave but a son.
6. When Jesus sets someone free, they are completely free.
Application
1. Know who I am.
I am a child of God, a joint heir with Jesus, I have been adopted into God's family.
2. Know the truth
A. Truth is a person. Jesus is the truth.  Abide in him, focus on my relationship with Jesus.
B. Know the Bible. It is the Word of God and the standard of all truth.  Love it, learn it, live it.
3. Believe I am free.
By faith receive the freedom that Jesus has provided for me.  I am completely, truly free.  I am free indeed!
Prayer
Thank you for loving and setting me free.  Thank you for adopting me into your family.  Thank you for setting me free from the bondage and slavery to sin.  I ask that you deliver me today from all unrighteousness.  I ask that you set me free and that I live as a free person not a slave.  It is for freedom I are been set free.

No comments: