Saturday, May 16, 2015

What makes a person rich?

Scripture
Proverbs 15:17
A bowl of vegetables with someone you love is better than steak with someone you hate. ( NLT)
Observation
I desire to be rich in relationships. This proverb teaches me that people will bring more satisfaction than things.  I like a good steak but I would rather eat a fair meal with good friends than a good meal with people I do not enjoy being with.  Life about relationships not things.
Application
1. Invest in my relationships.
We are told to invest financially for retirement and there is wisdom in that but the most important investments I will make are into my family and friends.  
2. Prioritize my relationships.
Jesus, Cathy, kids, family, friends, personnel
Prayer
Father, help me get the first thing first.  I don't want to spend my life accumulating material things but I want to have rich, deep, meaningful relationships.

No comments: