Friday, May 22, 2015

How can I be pleasing to God

Scripture
Psalms 119:9-11
How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word. I have tried hard to find you— don’t let me wander from your commands. I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. ( NLT)

How can a young man keep his way pure? By guarding it according to your word. With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! I have stored up your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. ( ESV)
Observation 
This passage answers the question: How can I stay pure?  How can I defeat sin?
1. Obeying the word of God
2. Seek God with your whole heart.
3. Hide God's word in my heart
Application
Love, learn, and live God's word
Read, journal, memorize, speak the Bible.
Make it a part of my daily life
Seek God in prayer, pray in the spirit, pursue his presence.
My purity is a work of the Holy Spirit in my life.  As I spend time in prayer and in the word, the Holy Psirit will transform me, change me, break and mold me.  
Prayer
May I spend more time in prayer and more time in the word.  As I do, I ask that you make me pure and pleasing to you.

No comments: