Friday, June 5, 2015

God's operating system

Scripture 
Psalm 123:2
We keep looking to the LORD our God for his mercy, just as servants keep their eyes on their master, as a slave girl watches her mistress for the slightest signal. (NLT)
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters, As the eyes of a maid to the hand of her mistress, So our eyes look to the LORD our God, Until He has mercy on us. (NKJV)
Observation
1. As a servant look to the hand of his master.
2. As a slave girl to the hand of her mistress.
3. My eyes look to God for his mercy.
I find it interesting that It did not say directions.  As a servant looks to his master for directions, would make sense there but the Bible says mercy.  My eyes are on God looking for his mercy.  
Why?  Anything that God does for me is an act of mercy.  I deserve punishment, judgment, and his righteous anger but God gives me mercy.  I do not receive the judgment I deserve but the grace I do not deserve.  Everything with God is based upon mercy and grace.  That is God's operating system.
Application
1. My operating system should be mercy and grace.
I should view others through the same lens I want God to view me.
2. I should always be grateful.
I deserve no good thing from God.  I deserve death but through his love he has given me mercy and grace.  Gratitude should be my overriding attitude.
3. Live a life of worship.
God is worthy of my worship, praise, and loyalty.
4. Be a servant.
Because I deserve death I am thrilled with any service he gives me in the kingdom.  I should be a prisoner of the kingdom with no rights or privileges.  He has made me a son.  He has given me a place.  He has entrusted me with responsibility.  I should be grateful and serve with all my heart, mind, emotion, and strength.
Prayer
Thank you for mercy and grace.  Thank you for loving me and being kind to me.  May I live a life of worship, be forever grateful. Repay you with loyalty and service.  Treat others as  I want you to treat me.

No comments: