Monday, May 11, 2015

God will never reject you

Scripture
1 Samuel 12: 19-22
“Pray to the LORD your God for us, or we will die!” they all said to Samuel. “For now we have added to our sins by asking for a king.” “Don’t be afraid,” Samuel reassured them. “You have certainly done wrong, but make sure now that you worship the LORD with all your heart, and don’t turn your back on him. Don’t go back to worshiping worthless idols that cannot help or rescue you—they are totally useless! The LORD will not abandon his people, because that would dishonor his great name. For it has pleased the LORD to make you his very own people. (NLT)
Observation
1. The Israelties sinned against God and rejected him by asking for a king.
2. Even in their sin God did not reject them.
They deserved to be rejected and punished
3. He will not dishonor his name for it pleased him to make us his own.
If God rejected us it would cause him to break his own promise. He promised to never leave us for forsake us.  His love for us is pure. He will discipline his children but he will never reject them.
4. I am to worship the Lord with all my heart.
My greatest command is to love the Lord my God with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.
5. Do not turn my back on him or to go back to my old sins, life.
God will never reject me but I have the free will to reject him.  I can turn my back on him.  I am a free will agent.
Application
1. Seek God and love him with all my heart, mind, soul, and strength.
Loving Jesus passionately and extrvagantly is the key to my life.  It is all about relationship.
2. God is faithful even when I am unfaithful, so when I turn from him repent and seek him more.
I never give up seeking Jesus.  He will never reject me.  His will always love me.
3. Accept God's discipline as an act of love that is for my own good.
He disciplines me because he loves me.
Prayer
I am like the Israelites, I have rejected and failed you.  But you are always faithful and true to me.  Forgive me for my sins. I love you much.  I seek you with all my heart,  be found by me today.

No comments: