Thursday, May 14, 2015

He still loves you

Scripture
Proverbs 15:11
Even Death and Destruction hold no secrets from the LORD. How much more does he know the human heart! (NLT)
Observation
The human heart is deceitful.  I tend to think I am better than I really am.  I can overestimate my goodness and underestimate the goodness of others.  I compare myself with those that I know I will come out favorably.  I give myself the benefit of the doubt but point my finger at others.
God is not fooled by me.  He knows the true condition of my heart, affections, purity, and devotion.
He sees the real me.  I do not have secrets from God.
Application
1. Come to God with boldness. 
He already sees me at my worst and chooses to love me. 
2. Received my value from Him.  
I can have confidence in his acceptance of me because he knows the real me.
3. Ask the Holy Spirit to examine me.
I can fool myself so I need the Holy Spirit to reveal the real me to me.
4. Have compassion on others.
I must be a person of mercy and grace.
Prayer
Thank you for loving me even at my worse,  I don't have to hide things from you because you know everything about me and you still love me.  I take great comfort in that, receive great confidence.  You make me who I am.  It is all because of you.

No comments: