Saturday, May 9, 2015

What does God expect from you?

Scripture
John 6:28-29
They replied, “We want to perform God’s works, too. What should we do?” Jesus told them, “This is the only work God wants from you: Believe in the one he has sent.” ( NLT)

Jesus answered, “The work of God is this: to believe in the one he has sent.” (NIV)
Observation
What does God expect of me?  What work does God want me to do?
Jesus gives the answer:
Believe in the one God sent, Jesus.
Faith in Jesus is the key to everything.  It is the key to holiness, believing that Jesus will make me holy.  It is the key to productive ministry, believing that Jesus will produce fruit for our labor.  It is the key to worship, believing he is who he says he is.  Belief in Jesus is my work.  Faith is Christ is my one thing. I focus on my relationship with Jesus, that is my everything.  Everything in my life revolves around Him.
Application
1. Abide every morning.
2. Stay connected to him throughout the day.
3. Make my relationship with Jesus the number one priority of my life.
4. Fall in love with Jesus over and over again.
Prayer
I love you.  You are my everything, my only thing, my all in all.  I want to know you more, experience your presence more, be pleasing to you.

No comments: