Monday, June 22, 2015

A Merry Heart

June 22, 2015
Scripture 
Proverbs 17:22
A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength. (NLT)
A merry heart does good, like medicine, But a broken spirit dries the bones. (NKJV)
A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones. (ESV)
Observation 
1. A cheerful, joyful, Merry heart is a good medicine 
Cheerful- something that gives joy or gladness; encouragement; comfort: words of cheer.
Joyful- full of joy, as a person or one's heart; glad; delighted
Merry- full of cheerfulness or gaiety; joyous in disposition or spirit: a merry little man.
laughingly happy; mirthful; festively joyous; hilarious: a merry time at the party.
2. A broken or crushed spirit dries up the bones or saps a person's strength 
There is no energy in crushed dreams or a broken spirits.  Joy, Merry, cheer revives me.
Application
Life is not meant to be a drudgery.  It is not meant to be all duty.  There is to be gladness, cheer, merry, and joy in life.  
Laughter and joy revive the soul.  Broken spirits and crushed dreams drain my energy.
Prayer
I am a melancholy by nature arm sometimes I feel discouraged and down.  I ask that you give me joy, cheer, and a heart full of merry.  Bring joy to my life, bring cheer to my days.  Give me a merry heart.  

No comments: