Saturday, June 20, 2015

You can trust Him

June 20, 2015
Scripture 
Psalm 138: 2, 6, 8
I bow before your holy Temple as I worship. I praise your name for your unfailing love and faithfulness; for your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.

Though the LORD is great, he cares for the humble, but he keeps his distance from the proud.

The LORD will work out his plans for my life— for your faithful love, O LORD, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for you made me. (NLT)

I will worship toward Your holy temple, And praise Your name For Your lovingkindness and Your truth; For You have magnified Your word above all Your name.

Though the LORD is on high, Yet He regards the lowly; But the proud He knows from afar.

The LORD will perfect that which concerns me; Your mercy, O LORD, endures forever; Do not forsake the works of Your hands. (NKJV)
Observation
This Psalm has three great verses and three great life lessons.
1. God promises are back by all the honor of his name.
Faith is in the character of God.  I believe God will keep his promises. He will do what he said he will do.
2. God is great and the only one worthy of praise.
He keeps his distance from the proud but comes near the humble.
Regard- to look upon or think of with a particular feeling: to regard a person with favor.
to have or show respect or concern for.
to think highly of; esteem.
to take into account; consider.
God resists the proud but shows favor to the humble.
3. God will work out his plans for my life, will perfect that which concerns me.
Application
1. Trust God because he keeps his promises
2. Be humble because cares for  those with humility
3. Have faith God will fulfill his purposes for my life.
God is sovereign.  God is faithful.  I can trust him.  I do not have to try to fix my own life or make things happen for me.  I do not have. To position myself.  I can be humble, trusting, depending upon him.  That seems like inactivity, like I am passive or lazy but that is not true.  Faith is active, trust is work.  Making my own way is pride.  Taking things into my hands is not trusting God to fulfill his plans.  The truth is God will keep his word, he is fulfilling his purposes and plans.  I can trust him and wait for him to act.  I do not position myself, make things happen on my own.  Manipulat others.  I trust.  I believe.  I humble myself and wait on God.
Prayer
I humble myself before you today.  I trust you with my past, present, and future. You are at work.  You are sovereign, supreme authority over the universe.  You will act on my behalf and more importantly on behalf of your kingdom.  I trust you.  Your promises are backed by all the honor of your name.  I trust you.

No comments: