Sunday, June 28, 2015

May my heart be fully devoted so I can be completely faithful

June 28, 2015
Scripture 
2 Kings 17: 36-39
But worship only the LORD, who brought you out of Egypt with great strength and a powerful arm. Bow down to him alone, and offer sacrifices only to him. Be careful at all times to obey the decrees, regulations, instructions, and commands that he wrote for you. You must not worship other gods. Do not forget the covenant I made with you, and do not worship other gods. You must worship only the LORD your God. He is the one who will rescue you from all your enemies.” ( NLT)
Observation
1. Worship only the Lord
2. Bow down to him alone
3. Be careful at all times to obey
4. Do not worship other Gods
5. Do not forget the covenant I made with you
6. Worship only the Lord my God
Then he will rescue me from all my enemies
Application
God desires my full devotion.  I want to worship him alone and obey him completely.  I am to forsake anything that competes with my devotion to God.  I am to be fully devoted to Him. Worship only the Lord and be careful to obey all.
Obedience is all about love.  If I love him I will obey him.  If my heart is fully devoted it will be completely faithful.  
Prayer 
I worship you only and desire to obey you completely.
I pray that my heart will be fully devoted so I can be completely faithful.

No comments: