Thursday, June 18, 2015

The power of God at work in your life

June 18, 2015
Scripture 
Psalm 136:12
with a strong hand and a stretched-out arm, for His mercy endures forever; (MEV)

with a strong hand and an outstretched arm, for his steadfast love endures forever; (ESV)
Observation 
1. God's mercies are new every morning, great is his faithfulness.
2. His love and mercy endures forever.
3. His love is steadfast
Steadfast- firm in purpose, resolution, faith, attachment, etc., as a person: a steadfast friend.
unwavering, as resolution, faith, adherence, etc.
firmly established, as an institution or a state of affairs.
firmly fixed in place or position.
4. With a strong hand and an outstretched arm are symbolic of the power of God.  
God acting by his strong right hand indicated the intervention of God, the power of God at work.
Application
1. God's power is still at work today.  He fills me with His Holy Spirit to empower me. 
I need a fresh filling of the Holy Spirit everyday 
2. I receive God's power based upon his mercy and steadfast love.
I do not earn or purchase his power.  Anytime God empowers me or intervenes in my circumstances it is an act of mercy and love.
3. I can depend upon the strong right hand of God
This Psalm recites all the wonderful and powerful things God did based upon his mercy and love.
4. I can act in faith believing God will fill me with his spirit.
Prayer
May your hand be with me.
Fill me with Your Spirit, fill me afresh and anew
Empower me to accomplish your will for your glory

No comments: