Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ever increasing faith

Luke 18:14
“Those who exalt themselves will be humbled, and those who humble themselves will be exalted” 

Adoration
I love you, adore you, worship you, magnify your name.  You are great, good, wonderful, majestic.  You are a great great God.

Scripture
mark 9: 23-24, 29
Jesus said, “If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes.” Immediately the father of the child cried out with tears, “Lord, I believe. Help my unbelief!”

He said to them, “This kind cannot come out except by prayer and fasting.” 
Observation
1. Jesus declared there is nothing impossible with God.
All things are possible.
2. The father realizes he lacked that kind of faith.
3. The solution was to pray that God would increase his faith.
4. Jesus delivered the boy from the demon.
When I lack faith, I need to go to the one who can impart and develop faith in me.  Faith is a fruit o the spirit.  It can grow.  How do I develop faith?
Application
1. Hearing the word of God.
2. Abiding in Jesus
3. Spend time with people of faith
4. Read biographies of people of faith.
Prayer
Please increase my faith

No comments: