Friday, February 20, 2015

Believing for the impossible

Scripture
Mark 5: 27-29, 34-36
When she had heard of Jesus, she came in the crowd behind Him and touched His garment. For she said, “If I may touch His garments, I shall be healed.” And immediately her hemorrhage dried up, and she felt in her body that she was healed of the affliction.

He said to her, “Daughter, your faith has made you well. Go in peace, and be healed of your affliction.” While He was still speaking, some came from the house of the synagogue ruler and said, “Your daughter is dead. Why trouble the Teacher any further?” As soon as Jesus heard the word that was spoken, He said to the ruler of the synagogue, “Do not be afraid, only believe.” 
Observation
These are stories that illustrates the power of faith.
1. Woman sick, spent all her money on doctors, and only got worse.
2. She heard of Jesus
Faith comes by hearing the word.
3. She pursued Jesus
Fought through the crowd to touch the hem of his garment
4.  Immediately she was healed.
5. Jesus said "your faith has made you well"
6.  The ruler receives information that his daughter is dead.
7. Jesus said, "Don't be afraid, only believe."
That is an incredible, amazing, challenging statement.
Application
1. Faith is confidence or trust in a person or thing: faith in another's ability.
2. My faith in Jesus will cause me to pursue Jesus.
Both the widow and the ruler went to Jesus.
3. Faith believes before evidence is seen,
4. God rewards my faith in him.
Prayer
Father, increase my faith and trust in you.  Remove all and any doubts.  I want to believe for the impossible to be possible.  I want to place my trust in you.

No comments: