Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Relenting wrath

Scripture
Exodus 32: 12-13
Why should the Egyptians speak, saying, ‘With evil intent He brought them out, to kill them in the mountains and to destroy them from the face of the earth’? Turn from Your fierce wrath and relent of this harm against Your people. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Your servants, to whom You swore by Yourself, and said to them, ‘I will multiply your descendants as the stars of the heavens, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give to your descendants, and they will inherit it forever.’ ” 
Observation
Moises prayer for the people when they sinned.
1. Turn from your fierce wrath.
God experiences righteous anger, wrath.  The people had sinned and it resulted in wrath.  God is merciful but he is also holy.
2. Relent of this harm against your people.
God would have judged the people for their sins.  God does not wink at or ignore my sins.  
3. Remember your promises.
Moses reminded God of his covenant with  Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.  God is faithful to his word
4. God is a God of wrath and judgement.
Throughout the Bible we see evidence of this.
5. Intercessory Prayer works.
The good news is that God responded favorably to the prayers of Moses.
Application
1. I will be judged for my sins.
I cannot think that I am above experiencing the wrath of God.
2. Repentance is an everyday thing.
3. I intercede for family, friends, and nations.
God will respond to my intercession as he did Moses'.
Prayer
I ask for mercy for myself, my family, and nations of the world.

No comments: