Saturday, February 7, 2015

For His Glory

Scripture
Matthew 25: 40, 45-46; 26: 13
“The King will answer, ‘Truly I say to you, as you have done it for one of the least of these brothers of Mine, you have done it for Me.’

“He will answer, ‘Truly I say to you, as you did it not for one of the least of these, you did it not for Me.’ “And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.
Truly I say to you, wherever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, what this woman has done will be told in memory of her.” 
Observation
1. When I help the poor, I am ministering to Jesus.
2. When I neglect the poor, I am neglecting Jesus.
3. Th disciples were indignant when the lady broke the jar and rubbed it on Jesus feet.  They thought the money should have been used to help the poor.  They were responding to the teaching of Jesus.
4. Jesus said you will always have the poor but you will not always have him.
What was Jesus doing?
1.  This is the supremacy of Jesus.  The motive behind all Christian ministry is the glory of God.  We do want to help the poor and we do want to see people saved but we primarily want to see Jesus saved.  
Application
1. Live for the glory of God.
2. Minister for the glory of God
3. Give for the glory of God.
This is a major check on my motives, ambitions, and attitudes.  So many times I do things for me to be praised, self glory, or even to help others.  Jesus is center, primary, supreme.  
It is for his glory.
Prayer
I ask that you search my heart and purify my motives, ambitions, and glory.  

No comments: