Sunday, February 8, 2015

The children I saw

Matthew 26:27-28
Then He took the cup, and after He gave thanks, He gave it to them, saying, “Drink of it, all of you. For this is My blood of the new covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins. 
Observation
1. Jesus made a covenant with man.
2. His blood is the seal of the covenant.
3. The result is the remission of sins for many.
Remission- pardon; forgiveness, as of sins or offenses.
Application
As I sit on the balcony of my hotel I watched many elementary children go to school.  Not one of them has ever heard the gospel.  Not one of them has ever had an opportunity to receive Christ as their savior.  There is something unfair and unjust about this.  How can these beautiful children spend their whole live with no one ever telling them?  The church must step up and fulfill its responsibility.  We must take the great commission seriously.  We must sacrifice, surrender, and give all.
Prayer
Father, do not allow me to be judgemental of others but enable me to motivate them to give all.  May I set an example, may I lead the way.


No comments: