Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The End will Come

scripture
Matthew 24: 9, 14
“Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and put you to death, and you will be hated by all nations for my name’s sake.

And this gospel of the kingdom will be proclaimed throughout the whole world as a testimony to all nations, and then the end will come. 
Observation
1. Persecution is to be expected.
We do everything we can to avoid persecution.  I don't believe we look for it that would be abnormal but neither are we to run from it.  
I love my comforts and comfort zone.  I don't want to lose them but in order to take the gospel to all nations, I have to be willing.
2. The gospel is to be proclaimed to all nations or peoples.
My main motivation is the glory of God, I glorify him by proclaiming Him to all nations.
We have a long way to go.  There are many people who have never heard.  We cannot see them as our enemy but as the harvest field.
3. The end will come.
The second coming of Jesus is the blessed hope.  It is to be longed for and desired.  Nothing compares to being with Jesus.
Application
1. Accept the fact that persecution is coming.
2. Don't seek it out but don't play it safe either.
3. Tell people about Jesus
4. Look forward to the coming of Jesus
Prayer
Father, I don't want to critisize others, or have an ungodly attitude.  I do want to live for your glory and the expansion of your kingdom.


No comments: