Friday, February 20, 2015

Good wins over evil

Scripture
Psalm 37:34
Put your hope in the LORD . Travel steadily along his path. He will honor you by giving you the land. You will see the wicked destroyed.

Hope in the Lord, and keep His way, and He will exalt you to inherit the land; when the wicked are cut off, you will see it. 
Observation
1. Place my hope in Jesus
No in myself, other people, organizations, or anything else.
2. Keep His way
Walk on the road of obedience.  A wise person will obey His commands and follow his instructions.  His laws are for my good not my harm.  They are to enable me to live an abundant life not to keep from the good life.  
3. He promises that I will inherit the land.
I will receive the inheritance he has for me and the promises he made to me.
4. I will see good win over evil.
The wicked will be cut off and I will live to see it.
Application
1. Place my trust in Jesus.
My hope is in Jesus, my future is secure in Him.
2. Live according to His word
His commands and teachings are for my good and they lead to a life of blessing.
3. Rest in Him.
I will not be anxious or full of worry & fear.  He will give me the land and He will judge the wicked and evil.  I can take comfort in His promises.
Prayer
I do trust you with my future, my family, and with things I cannot control.  You are always in control, you will make things right in the end.

No comments: