Saturday, August 8, 2015

The Key to Success

August 8, 2015
Scripture 
Ezra 7: 6, 9, 29; 8: 18
This Ezra was a scribe who was well versed in the Law of Moses, which the LORD, the God of Israel, had given to the people of Israel. He came up to Jerusalem from Babylon, and the king gave him everything he asked for, because the gracious hand of the LORD his God was on him. 
( NLT)
He had arranged to leave Babylon on April 8, the first day of the new year, and he arrived at Jerusalem on August 4, for the gracious hand of his God was on him.

And praise him for demonstrating such unfailing love to me by honoring me before the king, his council, and all his mighty nobles! I felt encouraged because the gracious hand of the LORD my God was on me. And I gathered some of the leaders of Israel to return with me to Jerusalem.
 ( NLT)
Since the gracious hand of our God was on us, they sent us a man named Sherebiah, along with eighteen of his sons and brothers. He was a very astute man and a descendant of Mahli, who was a descendant of Levi son of Israel. 
(NLT)
Observation
Ezra gave glory and credit to God.  Four times in two chapters he said "the gracious hand of our God was on us.
Gracious- pleasantly kind, benevolent, and courteous.
1. The key to Ezra's ministry was the favor of God.  God's hand of blessing was upon him.  Favor, blessing, grace, approval was on Ezra which made him successful.
2. The prayer of Jabez expresses this same sentiment:
And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep me from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested. (I Chronicles 4:10 NKJV)
Application
1. I must seek and ask for the favor and blessing of God.
2. Daily ask for his blessing
3. Believe in faith I have it.  
It is an act of grace not merit.  I do not earn God's favor, it is given as a gift.
Prayer
Bless me and bless me much.
I ask for your favor, blessing be upon me.  Bless and keep me.  Make your face shine upon me and be gracious to me.  Turn your face towards me and give me peace.  I will not let go until you bless me.
Enlarge my territory
Increase my influence in your kingdom.  Empower me to bring you glory and enlarge your kingdom.  May I live for your glory and your kingdom not my glory or my kingdom.  Enable me to make an impact on this earth for you. May I lift up and exalt Jesus.
May your hand be with me
I ask for a fresh filling of your Spirit, fill me afresh and anew.  Increase my anointing.  Do not promote me beyond my competence or capacity.  Empower me to accomplish the tasks you set before me.
Keep me from evil
Lead me not into temptation but deliver me from evil.  Enable me to resist the devil and to flee temptation.  Purify me,  make me pleasing to you. I desire to be holy righteous, a man of integrity. Remove any and all offensive ways within me.  Examine me, search me, purify me.  

No comments: