Friday, August 7, 2015

Partnership


August 7, 2015
Scripture 
1 Corinthians 3:6-9
I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow. It’s not important who does the planting, or who does the watering. What’s important is that God makes the seed grow. The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. For we are both God’s workers. And you are God’s field. You are God’s building. (NLT)
Observation
1. Some people plant, others water, but God gives the increase.
2. It is not important what role I play, what is important is that God makes the seed grow.
3. The sower and water work together with the same purpose.
4. Will be rewarded for their hard work.
5. We are both God's workers
What is important is God's blessing and favor.  He is the only one who can give the increase.
I am to work hard, will be rewarded for my labor, am in partnership with others.
Appication
1. Accept the role God has given me.
My role is not the traditional role a worker plays and at times it is hard to explain and some times I demur.  I have to believe what I do is important and significant. 
2. Work hard. 
3. Don't compare myself to others
4. Be content
Contentment is a choice
5. Be passionate 
What enables longevity and productivity?  How do we equip people to stay longer and be more fruitful?   Not just called to live overseas, not putting that down, because it takes a skill set.  But we are called and sent to complete a task.  People are not giving their hard earned money so we can live overseas but to fulfill the great commission.  
6. Grow
Learn how to do what I do better.  
Prayer
Do a work in me.  Make me satisfied, content, passionate, and a learner.

No comments: