Friday, December 12, 2014

Open and closed doors

Scripture

“Write this letter to the angel of the church in Philadelphia. This is the message from the one who is holy and true, the one who has the key of David. What he opens, no one can close; and what he closes, no one can open: (Revelation 3:7 NLT)

“To the angel of the church in Philadelphia write: These are the words of him who is holy and true, who holds the key of David. What he opens no one can shut, and what he shuts no one can open. (Revelation 3:7 NIV)

Observation

1. God holds the keys in his hands.

2. What God opens no one can shut.

3. What door God shuts no one can open.

Application

1. Keys represents authority.  The person with the keys to the house has the power to provide or deny access.   He can let people in or can lock them out.  

2. When God opens a door no one can shut it.

When God provides access to a country no one can shut that door.  Governments are not sovereign only God is.  He can open doors to presently closed countries.

3. When God closes a door no one can force it open.

When Paul wanted to go to a certain place, the Bible says he was forbidden.  Paul could not force a closed door to open.

3. The lesson is I have to be spirit led.  God opens and shuts doors.  

A. I have to be willing to go through the open doors no matter how scary they may be.  I have to go forward in faith.  

B.  I do not try to force doors to open.  God's timing is perfect and he knows when a country is ready for the gospel.  I have to trust his timing.

4. Obedience is the key.  Like the old hymn I must trust and obey, there is no other way.

Prayer

Build my trust in you.  Produce in me the faith and courage to go through open doors and may I trust your timing.


No comments: