Saturday, December 13, 2014

Fear of God leads to freedom

Scripture

Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the LORD means safety. (Proverbs 29:25 NLT)

The fear of man brings a snare, but whoever puts his trust in the Lord will be safe. (Proverbs 29:25 MEV)

Observations

1. Fear of man is a snare, a trap.

Fear prevents me from action. Trying to please man or to impress someone hinders my judgment.  I cannot live life trying to please people or in fear of people.

2. Trusting God leads to safety,

Pleasing man leads to danger, living to please God means safety.

Application

1. Live to please God not to impress men.

2. Fear of man is a snare, fear of God is liberating.

3. Once God reveals His will to me, I must act, even in the face of opposition.

Prayer

Free me from the fear of men and free me from the desire to please or impress people.

May I fear and place my trust in you.  Fear of God leads to freedom.


No comments: