Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Feelings make a horrible guide

I did not feel well yesterday.  But I went to class and had the best class I have had in a long time.  I learned, the class was fun, and I made progress.  Isn't it interesting that the day I felt the worst was the best day?  There are some lessons here.
1. Don't go by your feelings.
Feelings will lead you astray.  Feelings are horrible guides.  Determine what is important to you ahead of time.  Know your purpose.  Have a vision for your life.  Set goals.  Let those things drive you, not your feelings.
2. Do what is right even when you don't feel like it.
Successful people do what unsuccessful people don't want to do.  There is no gain without pain.  Action will change your feelings.  Feelings will paralyze you from acting.
3. Success in life is performing the right inputs and trusting God for the results.
You will reap what you sow.  Sow good seed when you don't feel like it, when it is hard and inconvenient, when no one is with you.  Do the right thing and trust God.  

No comments: