Friday, March 29, 2013

lessons learned

I didn't think I was nervous about moving but my stomach is telling me different.  It has been churning!  I guess this is part of the process.  I don't let my mind go there.  This week has been so many "last for a long time."  Last time to see my nieces.  Last time to speak at the church.  Last time to see the kids.  Last time...  You can only go there so many times.  I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings but if I let my emotions go I am afraid it will open the floodgates.  Most of the time I am on guard. I know when someone is going to cry and I put up my defenses.  It is when I am caught off guard that gets me.  Wednesday I went to my doctor who I have been seeing for years.  When she said good bye to me, she teared up.  I did not expect that.  I was like please don't do that to me.  I have learned that I was not a rich man materially. I was middle class.  Relationally I am wealthy.  God has given me some incredible family and friends.  The lesson learned is that life is made up of relationships not things.  We are currently repacking.  Taking more stuff out.  I don't want my life to defined by things.  I want it to be defined by those I love and those who love me.

No comments: