Wednesday, March 27, 2013

lessons from my new adventure

We are just a few days away.  People ask how I am feeling.  My emotions are all over the place.  There is great excitement, sadness, apprehension, and numbness.  I don't think it has really set in yet.  Today I feel old.  I have always done things the old fashioned way.  I am learning to go paperless.  This is a stretch for me.  I like my notepad, checkbook, and paper calendar.  I am now learning to do everything electronically.  I must be the last class that never took a computer class.  I went to college for four years and never had a lesson on computers.  Everything I know is self learned and really limited.  I am been told that I need to become a computer person.  This is not natural to me but it is necessary.  To go on a new adventure you have to change, stretch, leave your comfort zone.  It is not easy, natural, or comfortable.  I am tired. My brain is on overload but I more forward.  I do not quit.  I laugh.  If computers are hard what about learning a second language?  New adventures require learning new things.  Putting away old wineskins, a willingness to change.

No comments: