Wednesday, November 13, 2013

More on faith

Scripture
Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. (Hebrews 11:1 NLT)
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1 NASB)
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1 KJV)
Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1 NIV)
Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1 ESV)
Observation
Faith is:..
1. Confidence- full trust; belief in the powers, trustworthiness, or reliability of a person or thing: We have every confidence in their ability to succeed.
2. Assurance- full confidence; freedom from doubt; certainty: to act in the assurance of success.
Of things hoped for.
3. Conviction- a fixed or firm belief: No clever argument, no persuasive fact or theory could make a dent in his conviction in the rightness of his position.
4. Evidence- that which tends to prove or disprove something; ground for belief; proof.
Of things not seen
Application
To have faith means I have the confident assurance I will receive what I hope for or the confident assurance that what I hope for will actually happen.
To have faith means I have the evidence to make me sure about the things I do not see.
Faith is trust in God that he will make happen what I hope for and I will experience the things I do not see.
Prayer
Build my faith. Produce faith in me me give me the gift of faith,

No comments: